Monday, February 27, 2012

Getting the Word Out There is Sometimes Difficult

I have recently decided to take one of my hobbies and try to make a business out of it.  The hobby to which I am referring is Marlinspiking.  In other words, rope work.  Some may even call it Macramé, but that is an unflattering term applied to a craft that has been handed down through generations from the men who would ply this trade on sailing vessels all over the world.  Here are a couple of pieces I have made using only three simple knots:





The first one shown is made with quarter inch white nylon rope, the second is made with eighth inch white nylon rope with a loop, or lanyard, incorporated into the design.

Both of these items utilize diamond knots, a star knots, and normal plaiting.

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment